TechSpot

Two iexplorer.exe appear in the task manager

By abagneaux
Oct 12, 2009
  1. Whenever I start internet explorer, two iexplorer.exe appear in the task manager. I read some other threads on similar cases and I found "viewpointplayer" installed in my system, I uninstalled it, I ran hijackthis, I ran malaware antivirus, and I found nothing. Every time I open internet explorer, I get a message saying thant IE is not the default internet service and if I want to make it default, yet I have neither firefox nor safari installed in my system. hope you guys can lend me a hand. Thanks a million!

2. momok

momok TS Rookie Posts: 2,272

I've removed the attached document as it involves risks of infection to others.

It doesnt sound like you have an infection; the problem with 'default' IE: you can easily select not to ask the question again after u agree to set it to default browser.

If you wish to be sure, please go through the 8-step instructions thread in my signature and post the required logs.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.