TechSpot

U.S. warns of cyber threats, both current and future

By Mike
Nov 16, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. Defense Secretary Robert Gates thinks there are "huge" cyber threats looming in our future. According to Defense Department statistics, U.S. networks have faced break-in attempts to steal information from over 100 foreign intelligence organizations. Furthermore, the amount of data stolen every year from hacker attacks could fill the Library of Congress multiple times.

Read the whole story

2. vangrat

vangrat TS Rookie Posts: 223

My god. The United States sounds more and more like George Orwell's writing every day. I am just wondering when the pot is finally going to boil over. At this point it isn't a matter of if, but when.

3. [sarcasm]

What? The US warning people about "threats". Never thought they would do that. Next they will be warning you all about drugs, knives, (not guns, guns are ok aparantly), pedo's, your neighbours, bird/misc flu, anthrax in the post, terrorists.

[/sarcasm]

[not sarcasm at all read this bit and take it in]

And all the while heart disease kills many many more than the above multiplied because of a **** diet. PRIORITIES AMERICA, I feel very bad for the clever people over there that can see this is all bullshit, I send my best wishes to you all because my country is slowly following yours :/

[/not sarcasm at all read this bit and take it in]

Kel

4. Bluemagma

Bluemagma TS Rookie

Honestly its probably just scare tactics because they can't catch someone.. they are worthless

5. Ya i know its name, its called "Facebook"

6. Johny47

Johny47 TS Rookie Posts: 157

How do they know about Future threats? they must be the ones planning and designing them haha =P

7. Eddo22

Eddo22 TS Enthusiast Posts: 156   +6

If they really cared the least bit about data breaches they wouldn't allow it to be accessed
    online.

8. gobbybobby

gobbybobby TS Maniac Posts: 546

9. Better quick run your PC through a full-body scanner and give a pat down in the groin!

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.