UAC cannot continue/blank admin password

Status
Not open for further replies.

axelmct

I think the cure for this, logging into safe mode and activating an admin account is a lie, surely if you can upgrade a user account to an admin account, the admin account has no actual worth since it could be anyone?

I'm asking this because a friend has a gooked pc and wont let me re-install because she is sure this plan will work.

I on the other hand am sure that a PC with no admin account needs windows re-installed to re-estasblish a valid admin account?

You need an account with Administrator privileges to create an Administrator account
You cannot create an Administrator account otherwise
So you are right :)

But I think there may be some confusion here. Because the Admin account (the default Administrator account) is originally only viewed in Safe mode. So therefore going to Safe Mode and then logging into the Administrator account will obviously work

So there may be some confusion :confused:

By the way, it is possible to remove the original Administrator account (but I'd say it is not normally done ever)
Also just in case, here's how to get an unknown Admin account password: https://www.techspot.com/vb/post633339-2.html

I hope you come back, to clear up the confusion

original problem

I think the original problem was created by the mom downgrading the original admin account to peon user, so her son could not use the pc to its full ability,

that makes a lot of sense, so "admin" which is only availble via safe mode will have the same password as "administrator", which is now only a amoeba level user?

Sorry, I refer to "Administrator" as "Admin" a lot
In reality, "Administrator" can really be any name (just about) but is usually "Administrator"

I always find re-installing windows as a peaceful theraputic excercise, I've done every 6 months or so for the last 16 years but thankfully it is not my deck this time :D

I did it twice today (on others peoples computers) + all the MS updates and all
As for the total amount of times.... Must be close to a thousand ! (edit: It must be more like thousands)
The pleasure has all gone :(

try installing it in a very foreign languange, that will re ignite the excitement and fun of it

;)

try installing it in a very foreign languange, that will re ignite the excitement and fun of it

;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back