umm video clip?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello!

For some strange reason, I have been having a great deal of problems with video clips on my pc...

mpeg, wmv etc are fine.... its the file type that specifies it to be a "video clip" that poses the problems.

According to GSPOT these files are complete and when I transfer the videos to laptop, they play fine. When opened in wmp or itunes or core or whatever they simply do not play. All i see is the very very first screen shot, (usually black) and no audio.

GSPOT says they use XVID codec... so i went xvid website, got their 'preview clip' (it has no sound) to check if i can play xvid... and it worked fine, but when it comes to playing any of my clips, my computer simply refuses to play them...

I have recoded them to play on psp, again they work fine on psp...but my pc will not play the file as it is.

So, anybody out there know anything to tell me? or how to fix? otherwise, i think reformatting is imminient!!!

Thank You!

happened to me one time. Turns out might have multiple codecs accessing the file at the same time.

go to Control Panel > Sounds and Audio Devices

tab over to Hardware

click Video (or Audio depending on what might be the problem) Codecs and Properties.

Delete all your codecs, then go install only the needed ones, like xVid and diVx along with your standard Windows media codecs package. (microsoft.com)

at least that's what helped me.

This utility uninstalls ALL your CODECS and re-installs only the ones that came with Windows.

After that I would recommend going with a single "CODEC pack" like K-Lite Codec Pack Standard, rather than using a combination of them.

As for being able to play the official XVID video, maybe it is actually an audio CODEC on your pc that is messing things up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back