Unable to connect wirelessly to WRT150n Router

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have set up my Linksys WRT150N router using the setup disk. I am able to access the internet (comcast ISP) through the wired ports of the router, but am unable to access the internet wirelessly. On the laptop which I used the install disk, the router is not detected wirelessly. On other laptops in the household, the network password is not recognized (WPA-personal) as correct. I've gone to the router setup website and used the same password to access the site. I've set the network mode to mixed, and the channels to auto. I don't know what else to do. Help

On the Laptop which can't see the Router, check the Wireless is on - I've been caught a few times! - generally a little switch on the front or sides, or one of the Function keys. Also, some older Laptops don't have the "newer channels on them, you could try making your Router broadcast at Ch9 or something.

As for the WPA being wrong, hook up by Ethernet, log in to the Router and try changing it to a WEP key thats easy to type in - ie 0123456789 -, saving & rebooting Router, and then entering that when prompted on your other machines. If that works, change it again to something more secure.

okii said:
I have set up my Linksys WRT150N router using the setup disk. I am able to access the internet (comcast ISP) through the wired ports of the router, but am unable to access the internet wirelessly. On the laptop which I used the install disk, the router is not detected wirelessly. On other laptops in the household, the network password is not recognized (WPA-personal) as correct. I've gone to the router setup website and used the same password to access the site. I've set the network mode to mixed, and the channels to auto. I don't know what else to do. Help

Try WEP-128 instead as the WPA-AK might not work with all wireless devices.

Sounds like a pretty good idea. There isn't much to making your wireless internet working if you can get it wired, there's always settings! Most Linksys routers have their settings on 192.168.1.1 unless you change it. It should go and ask you for a password and type in admin in both or admin in the pass word slot. There you go! Thats how you get into settings, it will probably help more than the CD.

If you can't get in unplug all router connections but leave the power cord in. Use a paper clip and stick it into the hold for reset and press it in for 30 seconds. Wait ..... 15 seconds then do it again... wait 15 seconds... wait.... Now unplug the power and plugin the power and one wired PC connected to the router then use

admin
admin

this way you start off fresh..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back