Unable to get data from one computer to another

First post, and here is the story. I have an old, broken XP laptop. A friend loaned me his IDE/SATA to USB cable so I could get some files off the hard drive. I proceeded to connect and download what I wanted o my Acer windows8 computer. I put everything into a folder. I can open that folder and read the Docs and look at the pictures no problem. I copied the info to an external HDD. I tried to download it to my wife's laptop, but it is not there. I tried to load the same info on to a Cruzer Flash drive and transfer it the same way. 'The folder is empty' is what I get when I click on the flash drive letter. If I put it back into my computer I can read it. If I click properties of the drive it shows the space being used. I also tried to put the info onto a laptop at work, same thing. If I add an unrelated file onto the flash drive it works normally. These files are possessed . Help. I guess you can't edit the title

Try using 'Roadkils unstoppable copier'. Windows has issues sometimes copying files from old HDDs.

Back