Unable to install Conextant Audio Driver for Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga 1

Hi,
I bought this laptop from USA and now I am using it in India.
Laptop detail as below :
System Manufacturer : LENOVO
System Model : 20CD0032US
System Type : x64-based PC
System SKU : Lenovo_MT_20CD_BU_Think_FM_ThinkPad S1 Yoga
Processor : Intel Core i5 -4200U CPU
Problem :
After buying the laptop in December 2014, the laptop was all good, sound driver installed was Conexant. After upgrading from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10, the sound is lost. I tried hard, read blogs , tried installing drivers but nothing worked. Again I did the factory reset and now the system OS is Windows 8.1. But without any sound.

In the mean time I also contacted to the local Hardware experts and they said that there is no sound driver software developed for this laptop model to support windows 10. Even I contacted to the Microsoft and asked them if there is any driver for this laptop. They said they have already sent the driver specification to all the vendors in the world. However, it is Lenovo who should develop sound driver software to support windows 10. And Lenovo support team said, they have stopped manufacturing this model and so there is no enhancement of Sound driver software for this laptop.

Finally , I downgraded to Windows 8.1, but now I am unable to install the Conexant driver software.
When I go to msinfo32.exe, I can see under components/ sound device/ nothing is there.

Please help me. This issue I am facing for long time and I am not able to use this laptop.

Thanks
Saroj Mahanta

"When I go to msinfo32.exe, I can see under components/ sound device/ nothing is there."

Maybe sound is broken? Did you run msinfo32 with admin privilege? Does sound appear in System Info? (It should, but with error symbol)

If the machine can see the sound chip, then you may be able to push a previous version driver onto it.

No certainty, older machines may take more 'art' than 'tech' to run well.

Back