Unable To Install .Net Framework

Status
Not open for further replies.

vb_program_man

Hi, All!

My first post and with all due respect, I will make a more formal introduction to the Introduction forum.

I was in the process of installing .Net Framework 2.0, precursor before installing SyncToy 1.4, when I received the following error message:

Error 256015.Failed to install assembly 'C:\ . . . . /System.Web.dll' because of system error: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

I looked on the web for a solution and nothing I found matched my problem, tried what I knew and still unable to install. SyncToy is still waiting in the wings.

Any help, solution or better yet, suggestions to what to look for/look at, under the hood to fix myself, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Yours truly,

vb_program_man
(Bob)

Download Belarc advisor from www.belarc.com, then look at how many microsoft downloads, if any, are missing in its inventory. Sometimes one of the automated Microsoft downloads becomes corrupted... when then blocks everything thereafter.
Let microsoft scan you computer for Windows Updates, after a cold boot.

raybay,

CIS Benchmark Score Details
Computer Name: Pctutor4-office (in WORKGROUP)
Profile Date: Thursday, May 03, 2007 7:35:10 PM
Advisor Version: 7.2n
Windows Logon: Robert

Score: 2.50 of 10 (scoring rules...) = Pass = Fail
Benchmark: CIS WinXP Legacy, Version 1.3

Going to do a cold boot and "Let microsoft scan you computer for Windows Updates".

Thanks for responding.

Will let you know the outcome a.s.a.p. I'm expecting a call from my wife at anytime, to pick her up from work, so I may not get back to you until tomorrow.

Thanks again,

pc_tutor_4_u
(Bob)

PS

I bought a LG 18x Super Multi DVD Rewriter and did a dumb-dumb thing. This has Serial ATA Technology and has a "Please make sure that the motherboard supports serial ATA".

I still have my D845EBG2 Product Guide. The closest item I found concerning serial was, "L - Serial port B header". L marked the location on the poorly created art work of my desktop board.

I searched the Intel website for my desktop and they no longer,
"Intel is announcing the end of interactive support for the following Intel® Desktop Boards: Intel® Desktop Board D845EBG2". I couldn't find any documentation as to whether my motherboard (my mother is dead and she's more helpful) supports serial ATA.

After a quick scan of my Product Guide I found this on Page 17:

IDE Auto Configuration
If you install an IDE device (such as a hard drive) in your computer, the IDE auto-configuration
utility in the BIOS automatically detects and configures the device for your computer. You do not
need to run the BIOS Setup program after installing an IDE device. You can override the
auto-configuration options by specifying manual configuration in the BIOS Setup program.
To use ATA-66/100 features, the following items are required:
• An ATA-66/100 peripheral device
• An ATA-66/100 compatible cable
• ATA-66/100 operating system device drivers

Is this what I'm looking for?

Thanks in advance for any response!

you have ich4 i/o controller chipset
does not support sata
send back the drive or donate it to me
ya man
buy a pci sata controller and bobs yer uncle
you may need to install dotnet fix version 1 first
what was that service pak version of xp you got???

Unable To Install . . .

SyncToy no longer waiting in the wings. :approve:

had to click "Retry" for 2 other .dlls, but able to install .net.

going to check for any current updates for this version.

thanks for the help

vb_program_man

ps

hey Stoned, :eek: I mean Samstoned, i'll donate it to you for the price I paid :haha:

nah, I think I'll go buy a pci controller

"what was that service pak version of xp you got???"
Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2600

Unable To Install . . .

Thanks to all who supplied their expertise in this matter.

Hey Samstoned, I hope I didn't offend you with my remarks. Said only as humor. Nothing more!! :wave:

Had a professor ask our pc hardware class (community college during Spring '98) what their level of familiarity/expertise was with the current technology; needless to say when the professor gave his, everyone's mouth, mine included, just dropped. He gave his at a . . . . . . percent.

I am a computer programmer and a MS Office software tutor. I'll be spending my spare time learning more about hardware, mine being the first.

downloaded current security updates for .Net 2.0; will be working on SyncToy over the weekend.

I Googled for "pci sata controller" and found a multitude of links. I found prices ranging from $20 - $1,928.

Here is just a sampling of what I found:

1.) Startech Dual Channel Sata PCI Express Controller Card

2.) Highpoint Rocketraid 2224 PCI-X Sata II Controller Card

3.) StarTech.com SATA2ATA133 - Storage controller - ATA-133 - 133 MBps

i know what all of you are asking about now, "What are you going to be doing"?

For the moment, burning cd's/dvd's on two dvd burners. I have plans, hopefully for the near future, yet, but nothing is set into stone.

Please rememeber I am still a "Newcomer, in training" and I really don't want that title any longer than I have to! :(

What should I check for before paying my hard earn money? So far I have:

you have ich4 i/o controller chipset
does not support sata
buy a pci sata controller

I bought LG Super Multi DVD Rewriter Model #GSA-H62L
Serial ATA Technology
http:\\www.lge.com
http:\\supermulti.lge.com

This particular product has the ability to burn the data to the disc, flip it over, place back inside the drive and burn the label. Need to read up on LightScribe.

I checked two of our local PC stores and while one was out of stock, the other didn't carry. I don't want to travel all over God's several close counties when I can go online. May have to wait, but . . . . .

Again, thanks!

You will be hearing from me again. :eek:

Later,

vb_program_man

You are bypassing the fundamentals of good system design... getting the cart before the horse, and that may cost you more in the long run than being more conservative with your equipment so that you have a decent motherboard, processor, memory, and power supply.
There is so little labor involved in making duplicates...

ya man no problems
hope ya get it running
I'm a scsi man myself ,costs more ,but they don't burn up very quick0

Hi All,

I apologize for my long delay with the original post, but I got .Net Framework 2.0 and SyncToy 1.4 installed.

I also apologize, ahead of time, for material not related to the pc.:(, but related to my situation.

I would like to know if this is a good deal. This is from Newegg.com and only good until May 31st.

Foxconn 6150BK8MC-KRSHN2 Socket 939 NVIDIA GeForce 6150 Micro ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail

AMD Athlon 64 3400+ Venice 2.2GHz 512KB L2 Cache Socket 939 Processor - OEM

Yes, raybay is right! And raybay, I assume, is also single.

I'm in-between jobs and my wife (She is the 2nd floor, 3-11 shift charge nurse (RN) on the Mental Health unit @ our local hospital.) is working full-time and when possible working over-time.

Don't even ask what my wife thinks of the pc and the amout of time I spend with it or the other woman, as my wife jokingly puts it. :)

A search of Intel, for my motherboard, reveals:
These products are no longer being manufactured by Intel. Additionally, Intel no longer provides interactive support for these products via telephone or e-mail, nor will Intel provide any future software updates to support new operating systems or improve compatibility with third party devices and software products.

At this point, in regards to the LG 18x Super Multi DVD Rewriter I bought in haste (must have had my head up my ****), I have, in my opinion, only 2 options: 1.) Put in storage 4 for now. (Past return date;unable to find box it came in) 2.) Buy the pci sata controller, http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16815124006, as Samstoned suggested.

Any good arguments, I could present to Barb (wife, but I guess you already new that), for spending more money that we don't have. :dead:

I would appreciate anyone, delicately (Yes, I am a Newcomer, in training)
:D , weighing in on my asinine predicament. Please vote for 1 or 2! Thank you!

Thanks in advance,

vb_program_man

Update To Unable To Install .Net Framework

I bought a LG 18x Super Multi DVD Rewriter . . . My motherboard didn't have Serial ATA technology, as I discovered later.

Anyway, back to my story:

I wanted to use my "new toy", but I did not, at least for now, want to shop for a new motherboard. After searching the web I found "IDE to SATA Hard Drive Motherboard Adapter Bridge", but I did not have an empty IDE connector. I did, however, as Samstoned suggested (Thanks S.), buy a pci sata controller.

After installing my "new toy", I was shaking my head, at least for a few seconds and some of you know why, until I discovered, surprisingly, my power supply had SATA technology. I bought both, at the same time, approximately 5 years ago. Can somebody please explain?

And how long should one keep a motherboard? I found this:
http://www.e-articles.info/e/a/title/Tips-you-should-know-before-choosing-a-motherboard/

Obviously, I have a lot to learn.

Long day and time for bed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back