TechSpot

Uncarrier 8.0: T-Mobile announces rollover for your data

By Jos
Dec 16, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. T-Mobile is pushing forward with its ‘Uncarrier' strategy, announcing a new plan called "Data Stash" that will allow customers to roll over their unused data each month for up to a year. CEO John Legere noted this is one of...

Read more

2. Scshadow

Scshadow TS Guru Posts: 469   +97

Its sad that this is an "uncarrier" strategy to begin with. The whole idea of paying big money every month for data and having it expire has always been an insult to cellular customers. It was no different when they had voice minutes. We know its wrong, but its either their way or the door.

3. yRaz

yRaz TS Evangelist Posts: 1,906   +954

They saw a gap in the market and took it, I hope it works out for them. If their service.coverage goes up enough in my area I may consider switching. I'm tired of paying att $110/m but they are the only ones that give reasonable coverage area where I live. Most of my friends who have Verizon and T-Mobile don't even get service in my house. I wont pay for service that I can't use so I'm stuck with att.

4. drjekelmrhyde

drjekelmrhyde TS Booster Posts: 200   +44

At&t needs to copy this

5. They do have wifi calling though, so that isn't as big of a deal anymore. But I agree, they need to expand their network out farther than just around the cities.