Undeletable files

Jan 18, 2010
  1. hello all
    im facing a problem,its the undeletable files
    there formats are mp4, i tried lots of ways to delete it (shredding progs,renaming,cut to flash drive<it just copies>,clearing history and diffrent ways)
    and when copied,the copied files are the same,undeletable
    it makes me insane,any help???
    and thnx
  2. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 9,156   +598

likely a NTFS permission issue --- which OS version are you using AND did you try the delete from an ADMIN login?
  3. Aximilator

Aximilator TS Rookie Posts: 63

get file assassin from this site.

then under the file assassins method of file processing there should be the top three already checked, also check the bottom of the top four buttons the one you should check is called "delete file" if you do this and it still doesnt work then check the "delete on windows reboot functions. which stops the process from running before it loads on startup.

hope this helps :)
    good luck...
  4. AudioVayne

AudioVayne TS Rookie Posts: 99

Unlocker 1.8.7...Haven't encountered anything it can't delete
  5. yangly18

yangly18 TS Rookie Posts: 217

Maleware bits has file assassin built in if you have it :) its under the extra tools tab
  6. OLBY

OLBY TS Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 81

that file assassin program worked
    but,you know,after i deleted a few files i tried to delete the rest normaly and i succeed
    thats creepy wierd :-0
  7. Aximilator

Aximilator TS Rookie Posts: 63

good, im glad, some programs get locked for some reason unapparent to me. So im glad you got it worked out.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.