Uninstall SUSE Linux v9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uninstalling SUSE Linux v9

Hey,

I need some help w/ uninstalling SUSE Linux v9. I recently installed it, and it's really messy. I admit, I was too lazy and didn't take the time to read over instructions. I used Norton PM 8.0 to create a second linux partition and swap partition. Unfortunately, when I try to format those partitions again w/ PM, I get an error message. Something about it being an incorrect format, or something...

I was wondering if I need to format those partitions from Linux itself? or possibly from a MS-Dos based thing?

Please help,
Cejuana

What do you want to do? Format the partitions for Windows use (you are dual booting)? The easisest way is to forget Linux and PM - delete the partitions in Windows disk management and recreate/format as you like.

If you installed GRUB to the MBR then it will break after you have destroyed the contents of the Linux partition. You can use the Windows recovery console to install the default Windows bootloader.

Re: Uninstalling SUSE Linux v9

Yah, it has that GRUB thing, I was afraid I wouldn't be able to load into windows after uninstalling that.

Where is the "Windows Disk Management?"
Can you explain the recovery process a little more detailed please?

As for what I'm trying to do, I just want to restore my HD back to it's original settings: one partition, one OS, and no GRUB thing.

I'm not trying to sound rude, I'm just annoyed w/ my computer.

Edit:
Okay, I got the 2 linux partitions deleted, and I'm in the Recovery Console, what do I type to restore the MBR?

Is it fixmbr??? I read that in a Microsoft article about restoring the MBR.

you might like to expand the widows partition to reclaim the old Lunix space as usable windows space. the other choice is to create and file the Linux space
with a a new windows partition, which will give you both C: & D: drives.

Yes, it's fixmbr. Might as well run fixboot too.

Now that you have deleted the Linux partition then expanding the Windows partition to fill the whole disk is a trivial operation in Partition Magic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back