TechSpot

Unnecessary Censorship...

By captaincranky
Jul 25, 2009
Post New Reply
  1. All of a sudden the site started censoring the word "**". Since that's going to be bleeped. I'll spell it so the server doesn't hear me, "Bee Why". You know, the homophone for "buy"!

2. red1776

red1776 Omnipotent Ruler of the Universe Posts: 5,897   +88

same here, and others have reported it as well.

3. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Posts: 6,538   +319

My bad, should be fixed now.

Edit: So, not yet but soon...

4. LinkedKube

LinkedKube TechSpot Project Baby Posts: 4,265   +41

what, im lost, sorry.

5. Julio Franco

I tried to censor a complete phrase which obviously didn't work and ended up censorship every instance of "by".

It's fixed now, please do let me know if you come across any further issues.

6. red1776

red1776 Omnipotent Ruler of the Universe Posts: 5,897   +88

Super,
    the system started censoring anytime the letters 'by' were used in conjunction.

7. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 10,074   +13

I think this whole censorship thing is ridiculous. If there is an abusive person who is obviously abusive to everyone, or there is a flamer, or just plain mean person, then TS can decide to take care of it, or warn the person. There are also others that have absolutely no sense of humor and/or have a thin skin.

8. Julio Franco

I think you are reading beyond my words, the forum feature is called censorship so that's what I'm calling it, but the purpose of the settings I was working on was to prevent spam keywords.

9. ravisunny2

ravisunny2 TS Ambassador Posts: 2,057   +8

Automatic censoring ?

GIGO:)

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.