Unsure if my new graphics card will work with my PC

I followed a guide for the AMD OverDrive tool. And so far it's been fine.
Your CPU is probably overheating like crazy right now and that will shorten the lifespan of the CPU considerably. It can die at any moment if you do not lower the clock speeds. 2.8-->3.6GHz on a OEM cooler and motherboard is a equation for disaster.

I followed a guide for the AMD OverDrive tool. And so far it's been fine.
What are the temps saying? I'd have to agree W/ JC713. I'd drop the CPU back to stock speeds. A new GPU will not do you any good if you burn out your CPU.

What are the temps saying? I'd have to agree W/ JC713. I'd drop the CPU back to stock speeds. A new GPU will not do you any good if you burn out your CPU.
Yup. Actually, Compaq PCs in the past used Coolermaster coolers (pretty similar to the stock design), but modern HPs use stock ones if I am not mistaken.

Yup no problem. Hopefully the thermal paste isnt worn out from that ordeal. Back to the GPU. The 650Ti will be a good buy.
You mean goodbye (to your money). The 6 series prices will drop even further once the 7 series launches but as to when the mid range launches is anybody's guess.

Well I have followed what you both said and they are back to normal now. Thanks for the advice!
Can't you make do with your current GPU at the moment? Prices are sure to drop even once nVidia's new product lineup launches.

The 780 will launch May 23. The 770 will launch May 31. The 760Ti will launch in June. Those wont effect the 6 series prices that much. When the 750Ti (they will probably take off boost) is released, then yes, we will see drastic decreases.

Back