$ unzip; strip; touch; finger; grep; mount; fsck; more; yes; fsck; fsck; umount; clean; sleep

Finger(1)
Security concerns
Supplying such detailed information as e-mail addresses and full names was considered acceptable and convenient in the early days of networking, but later was considered questionable for privacy and security reasons. Finger information has been used by hackers as a way to initiate a social engineering attack on a company's computer security system. By using a finger client to get a list of a company's employee names, email addresses, phone numbers, and so on, a hacker can call or email someone at a company requesting information while posing as another employee. The finger daemon has also had several exploitable security holes crackers have used to break into systems. For example, in 1988 the Morris worm exploited an overflow vulnerability in fingerd (among others) to spread. The finger protocol is also incompatible with Network Address Translation (NAT) from the private network address ranges (e.g. 192.168.0.0/16) that are used by the majority of home and office workstations that connect to the Internet through routers or firewalls nowadays.

For these reasons, while finger was widely used during the early days of the Internet, by the late 1990s the vast majority of sites on the Internet no longer offered the service.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Citation_needed

Finger(1)
Security concerns
Supplying such detailed information as e-mail addresses and full names was considered acceptable and convenient in the early days of networking, but later was considered questionable for privacy and security reasons. Finger information has been used by hackers as a way to initiate a social engineering attack on a company's computer security system. By using a finger client to get a list of a company's employee names, email addresses, phone numbers, and so on, a hacker can call or email someone at a company requesting information while posing as another employee. The finger daemon has also had several exploitable security holes crackers have used to break into systems. For example, in 1988 the Morris worm exploited an overflow vulnerability in fingerd (among others) to spread. The finger protocol is also incompatible with Network Address Translation (NAT) from the private network address ranges (e.g. 192.168.0.0/16) that are used by the majority of home and office workstations that connect to the Internet through routers or firewalls nowadays.

For these reasons, while finger was widely used during the early days of the Internet, by the late 1990s the vast majority of sites on the Internet no longer offered the service.

And I was just starting to think that everyone here uses Windows only.

I'm glad that I was wrong. :)

I use Win, Mac, and linux
I have used all of the Operating Systems you have stated and have come to a conclusion that (IMHO):

Mac OS - Unix based (doesn't feel like it); Incredibly simplistic (to the point that I hated it, because I felt like I was being treated like a m0ron who doesn't understand in computers). Did not enjoy the original hold mouse button down feature.

Windows - built on MS-DOS; Used to be more advanced, now simple and stupid (desperately trying to mimic User Friendliness, like Mac OS); takes up way too much ram and processing power for simple applications (e.g.: calculator, Windows Explorer, Task Manager); requires constant babysitting (antivirus scans, defrags...); currently have to use it at my workplace. Constant charms bar side pop-outs (Try Office 360 NOW!!!).

Linux Operating System Flavors - Unix like (built on top of Linux Kernel); simple to advanced (A-Z); unfortunately isn't compatible with everything (but of course could be made to work); extremely efficient in ram and processor usage; blazing fast if setup properly; if maintained properly (which in my opinion isn't that hard), will work nicely until the day the computer dies.

I have used all of the Operating Systems you have stated and have come to a conclusion that (IMHO): ...
IMO, when in Rome, do as the Romans do.

Another choice is Stick with what you already know - - makes your life simpler with less stress.

Today, Linux dominates the web server market - - because remote management is not always supported by some GUI login (unless you opt for a commercial HOSTED environment). FTP and SSH are the primary tools, regressing to the command line interface.

The Unix ... Linux family have traditionally been command line oriented, but today they have GUI desktops for single user systems which are varied:
  1. Gnome
  2. KDE
  3. Cinnamon
  4. Mate
  5. Unity
  6. Xfce
  7. LXQt
  8. Pantheon
  9. Deepin
  10. Enlightenment
These Desktops are created using a Windows Manager for X-11 - - see the link for the variety of features.

There aren't many Linux distros specifically made for gaming. This isn't because Linux users dislike games, but rather it’s due to the fact that most modern Linux distros support virtually every type of recent graphics card anyway. As such, any regular Linux distro can easily be turned into a ‘game station’.

This then limits the inventory of commercial Games specifically written for Linux.

What's BEST? That all depends totally upon YOU.

Back