updating my AC '97 audio

By Surkitz
Feb 3, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. i unfortunately have onboard audio and its the ac 97 audio. I went to the drivers page on techspot and found that there were updates for it, however there seem to be many versions. Does it matter which one? are they all the same? obviously i determined which were xp versus vista but are the ones for xp a fix for everyone who has this or do i need the one that matches my mobo?
  2. N3051M

N3051M Newcomer, in training Posts: 2,800

its best to match your motherboard first, and if that gives you problems, then start hunting, starting with a generic version, then other mobo versions..

Isn't it easier to go to your mobo manufacturer's site and download it from there?
  3. Surkitz

Surkitz Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 171

actually i figured that out and updated it. for whatever reason i didnt think the onboard audio driver was in any way connected with mobo, but a lightbulb came on =). thanks
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.