Upgrade GPU

Sure, it will work fine. You have plenty of PSU power for the card. If you wanted you could even go with the 660 or 760.

OK.....thank you cliffordcooley. I have another question to ask, will the PCI Express 3.0 work with my motherboard or will only a PCI Express 2.0. I'm confused on what it means with version 2.0 and 3.0.

Your motherboard is either has a PCI Express 1.0 or 1.1 slots. I can not seem to find exact information on which one it is, so you might want to look in your manual and see if it says there (or) contact XFX to find out which one it is. There has been some controversy over the 3.0 being backward compatible with 1.0/1.1 slots. Some say yes, some say no. The card that you referenced is a PCI Express 2.0 card so you are good to go with that. I would not worry about the 3.0 cards, stick with the 2.0 or 2.1 cards for better compatibility. For a quick reference you can look at PCI Express on the wikipedia site to help get a better understanding.

My motherboard provides PCI Express x1 and x16. Properly something I should of told you in the beginning. Anyway, thanks Spykezxp for the advice and opinion on this matter. I find this website good service.

Back