Upgrading my Dell Dimension 4550 graphics card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitoshi

Hi, I am trying to figure out what graphics card to get for my computer. I'm pretty sure that my computer has AGP and PCI slots but I do not think that my computer has PCI-Express and this makes me sad because I was wanting to get a NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT.

My computers specs are: support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/dim4550/specs.htm#1104548

I have 2 Gigs of Ram and a GeForce FX 5500 Graphics card right now.

I would like to know what kind of graphics cards I can get and if my computer really has a AGP and PCI slot for a new graphics card. And if I can get a NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT.

I mostly play World of Warcraft and Battlefield 2, my budget is around 100 to 200 dollars

Another thing I would like to know is should I even upgrade my graphics cards since my computer is so old. It's at least 5 years old.
Thanks

If you're still using the 250W Power Supply, then I really think you should upgrade to a stronger one first.

About your last question, YES. Many cards are better than the FX5500 so you will see a big improvement.

Yeah I have never upgraded my Power Supply, I wouldn't know what to upgrade it to.

How do I check to see what temp my computer is running at? I got Everest Ultimate Edition the Trail Version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back