Uploading pictures from phone to PC

circusboy01

(Hope this doesn't belong in the audio and video forum.

I need step by step instructions. (many of you know that I'm a slow learner:0) ) on how to upload pictures from my Huawei 8652 smart phone to my Windows7 desk top computer. Using a USB cord. Thanks.

Hi, It's really just the same as opening any drive using Windows explorer.
I would use 'Start' key + E together, (opens a new window.)
I use the method of having two 'Explorer' windows open, the left one being the phone and the right one being the pc. Resize them to fit your screen.
(Windows 7 & 8 have the 'Start + left curor or right cursor trick for this use.)
When you plug the phone in to the pc the phone will show an option on it's screen, and you want 'Mass storage' or similar. Select that on the phone.
Your phone will show in Windows as a Device with removeable storage.
Open that device. You would then be looking for a folder named 'Images' or 'Camera'.
Each photo will be numbered 'datemonthyear0001' (where 0001 would be the very first photo you took, then going up in order.)
So if you took a photo today and it was the 99th photo you had taken on that camera, the image would be; 271020140099.
(This is how my Nokia works, of course you may see some differences.)

Then just use copy & paste or drag & drop from phone window to pc window.
--------------------------
Best to use the USB 'green tick' icon in the taskbar to disconnect the phone when done.

Last edited:
Hi, It's really just the same as opening any drive using Windows explorer.
I would use 'Start' key + E together, (opens a new window.)
I use the method of having two 'Explorer' windows open, the left one being the phone and the right one being the pc. Resize them to fit your screen.
(Windows 7 & 8 have the 'Start + left curor or right cursor trick for this use.)
When you plug the phone in to the pc the phone will show an option on it's screen, and you want 'Mass storage' or similar. Select that on the phone.
Your phone will show in Windows as a Device with removeable storage.
Open that device. You would then be looking for a folder named 'Images' or 'Camera'.
Each photo will be numbered 'datemonthyear0001' (where 0001 would be the very first photo you took, then going up in order.)
So if you took a photo today and it was the 99th photo you had taken on that camera, the image would be; 271020140099.
(This is how my Nokia works, of course you may see some differences.)

Then just use copy & paste or drag & drop from phone window to pc window.
--------------------------
Best to use the USB 'green tick' icon in the taskbar to disconnect the phone when done.

Didn't understand everything you said. But. I did understand start and removable storage.
So I clicked the start button went to computer, went to removable disk F, went to DCM, went to camera, and there they were. Thanks very much.

I have got used to using 2 Windows explorer windows opened side-by-side to move files from one folder to another ( or phone to C: drive.)
It might be because I learned Windows in '95 where the files 'flew' across the screen as they copied.
So in Windows 7 or 8, from the desktop screen;
Tap Start key & E key together,
Tap Start key & left arrow key together,
Tap Start key & E together,
Tap Start key & right arrow key together.
Now you should have 2 explorer windows on screen.
Navigate down through the drives until phone is on left and C: drive/ photo folder is on right.
Copy & paste from camera to C: or drag and drop.
two_explorer_w.jpg

Back