USB 2.5" Drive Problems on a desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.

jammy_gee

Afternoon people, i am currently lookign at a friends laptop harddrive (having problems on his laptop) so i mounted it to a external USB caddy with EXTERNAL Power not USB power, the PC recognises it but will not show under "My Computer".

I have been into disk management and the status is healthy, though no drive letter is assigned (i cannot assign one) but the device is listed there.

The laptop had norton Goback on it and for some reason i suspect this, could i be right? with no drive letter assigned how can i acces the drive to format it? we are not concerned about any information on the drive itself.

Please help as i am running low on ideas very rapidly
thanks
Jammy_gee

You should be able to format it directly from the Disk Management. Just right click on the drive you want to format and select "Format". This should take care of everything. (If you do need data from it, I would recommend checking your "Event Viewer" to see if your recieving any errors.)

hey Gavin, how do you pull out "event viewer"? i remember seeing that before when i explore around the control panel, now i forgot where its located at :p
help would be appreciate

edited: i located that even viewr! :D but didn't find log which i needed. o well

Edited by Moderator: Removed quote. There`s no need to quote the post directly above your own. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back