TechSpot

USB Devices not working on boot up.

By geno2k3
Jan 10, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi i got a new mother board and the usb keyboard and mouse go dead after the windows logo shows up. They only work for bios ect.

http://www.foxconnchannel.com/product/motherboard_detail.aspx?ID=en-us0000044

My bios on top says Phoenix workstation award bios.

please help me, nothing will work! (sis usb controller and all the usb functions are set to on)

BTW: when i connect my usb mouse to a regular mouse extention plug, the mouse works fine, but for some reason usb devices will not work.

btw: will reinstalling windows help or do the trick, if i could get that far i would but it seems like the keyboard and mouse just quit on me. please help hurry!

WELL DONT RUN INTO EACH OTHER TRYING TO HELP ME GOSH.

lol jk, i fixed the problem myself with 3 hours of tweeking bios i finaly got the keyboard working long enough to reformat my harddrive getting a fresh install of windows and downloading drivers. thanks alot.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.