USB Flash Drive not working, HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Everyone!:)

I'm in a very stressful situation. I have a Flash Drive that I am trying to open, this has all my papers for shchool. A pop up box states that the disk is not formatted...I tried opening at my computer at work and at home.. If anyone could please help, my thesis is in it, I am suppose to graduate in August:eek:
Thanks

Go to http://www.acronis.com and download and install Acronis True Image (it has a free 15 day trial) and take an image of your flash drive immediately. This way, your work is backed up somewhere else then you can try troubleshooting your flash drive.

If it makes you feel any better, you're not the only one I've encountered in this situation.

When I worked at a Dell call centre, 90% of customers in dire straits handn't backed up their systems. Of those who did, 90% had had a catastrophic experience previously. BAsically, it isn't until you experience what it's like to lose or potentially lose everything THEN people get the motivation to routinely back up their important files! One of my first customers was a grad student like yourself. She was in tears because her comp got swamped with spyware and we were forced to reformat and reinstall. She lost all her grad work.

Use Acronis True Image and back up your work regularly. It's easily worth the $40!!

I have an idea of how to rescue your flash drive. I did this once for someone who had a problem reading her diskette. Do this once you have imaged your flash drive.

My Computer -> Flash Drive -> Properties -> Tools -> Error-checking -> Select both options -> Start

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back