USB Headset Troubles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baby Huey

Hey guys. I'm having problems with my Plantronics USB headset (USB DSP V2). I use the headset to play on-line games and voice chat programs (Teamspeak & Ventrilo). My problem is that after a short while of use, the microphone will stop transmitting. The other people can see me attempting to talk, but no voice is coming through. The only thing that corrects it is to exit the program, unplug the USB, wait a few second to re-plug it in and then restart the programs. This will correct it for a short time but it re-occurs. Any ideas because I've tried multiple USB ports, sound settings, etc. to no avail.

ABIT NF8
Athlon 64 3200+
1GB Geil PC3200
Windows XP SP2
ATI X700 Pro
160GB Maxtor IDE
80 WD IDE
2x 80GB WD SATA

(Latest drivers for all)

Your problem may not be the headset.Servers can get busy and reduce the amount of data through put.This is especially true of live video chat. You can try reducing the size of your Video picture.Also turn off services and programs unrelated to Chat sessions.You can also check your IP connection for Maximum speed. Try www.pcpitstop.com (Or Similar sites) you can test your speed and they will offer optimization for Free.(There is a download you must accept"active X) I have used the site with no problems.

Nope

I don't believe this is the problem. When I lose voice via the microphone, it's lost permanently. I only regain microphone capability when I shut down the voice program, disconnect the USB headset completely, wait a few seconds and then reconnect the headset and log back in. I've also tried turning down the voice quality to lessen the bandwidth but it has not effect on the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back