USB Keyboard types incorrect characters until unplugged/plugged back in

1. Hello All,

I have a very odd issue here.. I have a fairly inexpensive ($15?) Rosewill chiclet keyboard that I absolutely love. I spilled coffee on it so I quickly unplugged it used a blow dryer on it with cool air. I then let is air dry outside on a sunny day and when I was certain it was dried out I tried it. It's perfect, no issues. That is, until recently it started doing weird things such as pressing L makes the computer think I'm pressing 3, K thinks it's 6, etc etc.

Now when I quickly unplug the keyboard and plug it back into the USB it comes back to functioning properly. Rebooting also resolves this. But usually once to 4+ times a day it does this. I play battlefield 4, so it becomes very apparent that the keyboard is acting up when you press L to chat with your squad and it doesn't bring up the chat screen.

Anyway, here are some things I've tried:

1- Numlock is off
    2- Different USB Port
    3- Checked my region settings

Now, I assumed like I am sure a lot of you are that "it must be the keyboard is shorted out in some way from the coffee". Well it's a cheap enough keyboard that I love enough, so I bought a new one! Same thing keeps happening! I try it on my other computer and neither keyboard seems to have this issue repeat. I am not sure if it's just coincidence or not, but it all started after I spilled the coffee.. I should note that none of my other USB devices are suffering from any weird glitches, at least none that I notice. The coffee also did not get anywhere near the desktop tower itself. Only on the keyboard.

Thanks for any help!

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.