USB Keyboard types incorrect characters until unplugged/plugged back in

Hello All,

I have a very odd issue here.. I have a fairly inexpensive ($15?) Rosewill chiclet keyboard that I absolutely love. I spilled coffee on it so I quickly unplugged it used a blow dryer on it with cool air. I then let is air dry outside on a sunny day and when I was certain it was dried out I tried it. It's perfect, no issues. That is, until recently it started doing weird things such as pressing L makes the computer think I'm pressing 3, K thinks it's 6, etc etc.

Now when I quickly unplug the keyboard and plug it back into the USB it comes back to functioning properly. Rebooting also resolves this. But usually once to 4+ times a day it does this. I play battlefield 4, so it becomes very apparent that the keyboard is acting up when you press L to chat with your squad and it doesn't bring up the chat screen.

Anyway, here are some things I've tried:

1- Numlock is off
2- Different USB Port
3- Checked my region settings

Now, I assumed like I am sure a lot of you are that "it must be the keyboard is shorted out in some way from the coffee". Well it's a cheap enough keyboard that I love enough, so I bought a new one! Same thing keeps happening! I try it on my other computer and neither keyboard seems to have this issue repeat. I am not sure if it's just coincidence or not, but it all started after I spilled the coffee.. I should note that none of my other USB devices are suffering from any weird glitches, at least none that I notice. The coffee also did not get anywhere near the desktop tower itself. Only on the keyboard.

Thanks for any help!

Back