USB mice need drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
For some reason, windows doesn't just automatically install them in seconds like it used to 2 days ago.

I haven't really done anything, and I have tried every USB port so I don't see why it can't find them.

What should I do?

You don't tell us which version of Windows you have, but all current versions have USB mouse drivers already in place and install automatically.
Have you run a full virus scan recently?

AlbertLionheart said:
You don't tell us which version of Windows you have, but all current versions have USB mouse drivers already in place and install automatically.
Have you run a full virus scan recently?

Even I was able to find the little arrow that you click to view a persons system spec's.

XP PRO.

Yes I have done a virus scan recently, with avast, and it was in safe mode while I did it, and it only found some malware.

Excuse me, but I don't understand what you mean about clicking the little arrow - please explain and what this has to do with your problem?>

"little arrow" he meant by is the new System specs summery box, located right under the "Members since:....." info...

Ah - no wonder I missed it. Need less Gin and a bit more Tonic.
Can't help thinking that this is a sign of a dying motherboard - especially if they all behave in the same way. Are the front panel USB ports slower than the ports on the back?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back