USB port USB keyboard problem with HP Compaq T5710 Thin Client with Windows® XPe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there,
Has anyone encountered a problem on the USB port of the HP Compaq T5710 Thin Client. When I connect a keyboard that works on 98, 2000 and XP computers to the USB port of the Thin Client, some times it does not establish communication with the keyboard and when it does it repeats some keys. For example, when I type 4 it will show up 4 two or three times. The Thin Clint has the Microsoft® Windows® XPe. It has the latest soft pack, SP31137. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advnce.

Should still be under warranty. Get them to fix it. We have seen only three, but no problems with any of them... power adapter was a bit weak, was all.

Thank you for your quick replay. The keyboard that comes with it from HP works fine. The porblem is when we use a third party USB medical keyboard. We tested the third party keyboard in three different machines and it works just fine except on the HP Compaq T5710 Thin Clint. I was wondering if any one has a problem with the USB port of this device or knows what is different about the T5710 USB port.

Thnaks,

This unit with embedded Windows XP, has special requirements for almost every components. There have been new BIOS updates in 2006, and changes to the USB Keyboard Smartcard (HPS). (www.hp.com)
This is not your normal PC. In fact it should be considered differently from a normal PC.
Have you updated all the drivers, BIOS, and such? It is an aggravating unit because a number of components were designed by, and proprietary with, Smart of Australia. Smart will not normally deal with users nor allow downloads. Even working with HP and Compaq on Smart issues is difficult to impossible due, apparently, to contractual agreements.
You may require a tech who has HP Professional Certification.
We would go to the HP site, and using the Compaq T5710 site to download and install all drivers listed that match your unit.
If these do not enable your unit to work, it probably isn't going to happen without special technical support, for which HP will charge you.
The keyboard is one of the specialty issues listed at the site, as far as I recall.
Since the unit is getting long in the tooth, try to persuade the money person to upgrade the unit.
If the keyboard works in other Compaq T5710 Thin Clients, you may need somebody who knows the equipment well.

Thank you for your post raybay. I have loaded the soft pack SP31137 and the Bios update SP29530. I have noticed a better response rate after the update. But it still randomly repeats some keys.
I appreciate your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back