TechSpot

USB ports on Windows Vista 64

By InSaNeO
Dec 17, 2008
  1. hey guys, im pretty new around here. I usually just google whatever problems i have, but thats not working this time. I have an Mp3 player, 4 gig. Works fine, had it hooked up to 2 diff computers, works great, its USB connected. Recently got a new comp With windows vista 64 bit. Now when i plug in my mp3 player to the usb 2.0 port in the front, and back, it tells me this device can perform faster if plugged into a usb 2.0 port or some crap like that. but its already plugged into a usb 2.0 port. tried to plug it in the front and back. Now when i plug it in, i goto explorer and try to view the contents of my mp3 player, under the Music dir it loads up 2 folders, (Slayer, Lamb Of God) and thats it. it would show the rest of the music on there, or let me open the 2 folders that show. I know theres a problem with vista 64 and usb ports, or so ive heard. I just wanted to know if there is a workaround for this. Thanks guys

2. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,626   +320

What computer model if store bought, what motherboard if its a custom build?

3. InSaNeO

InSaNeO TS Rookie Topic Starter

4. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,626   +320

5. InSaNeO

InSaNeO TS Rookie Topic Starter

tried it, doesnt work

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.