USB Sony Microvault 4GB Thumb Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
whats up all?

I've got a Sony micro vault USB(deep blue/purple) that's 4GB, and I use it for all of my sound files and more.

It just stopped being read by my computer this morning, and I was using it all night!

My other chips are read instantly and appear, this chip, however, has been having issues appearing on the desktop?

What gives? How can I save the chip's files?

Is it fried? I did have in an NX USB extension with a an UNO, and firewire/USB cable to a external harddrive device with it all in the same USB, but the NX hub was powered and should have been cool.. I used a 12 V universal charger like usual.

I really hope it is not fried and can be salvaged.

Hello, NearEarthObject, and welcome to Techspot :wave:

Please take a moment to read the following threads to make your experience here as enjoyable as possible :)

Message for all newcomers

SNGX1275's Guide to making a good post/thread

The Techspot FAQ

If you could take a minute to fill in some of your profile information that would be helpful to all members of the forum :)
Knowing someone's location in the world can be extremely helpful, even if you just put a country.

Also remember to post any problems or questions that you have in the appropriate forums

With regards to your problem, it sounds as though the drive could be broken. Flash memory isn't the most reliable form of storage ever. See here for more info.

I'm having the exact same problem with the same drive (purple 4GB Sony Microvault) on my work WinXP + SP2 PC. The flash drive was purchased new from a reputable outlet a couple of months back. It works fine on my home Dell low-spec laptop running Linux, and also on a different WinXP PC here at work. I've uninstalled & reinstalled the drivers and also removed and redetected all the USB hubs etc.

I'm not too impressed as I would have thought USB flash drive drivers would be straight forward these days. A cheapo 1GB drive I purchased a year or so back works fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back