USB to RJ45 Ethernet, 10/100Base-TX

By airkore
Sep 2, 2005
  1. I have a home stereo reciever that will take a wireless usb signal and allow me to play mp3 music off my computer and into my home stereo.The problem I have is that the signal is only good for 30M and my rooms are too far apart.Is it possible to use the network wiring that I already have installed in the house(they are not currently being used) the USB adaptors and wire directly into my home reciever???
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  2. Eleventeen

Eleventeen TS Rookie Posts: 55

Thats a good question, Infact, to what im reading you want this

Computer>USB to Ethernet > Ethernet cable > Ethernet to USB Reciever?

I dont see why that wouldnt work, but then again, I dont know that much about transmitting wireless signals and such.
  3. zephead

zephead TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,569

unless your stereo equipment supports TCP/IP baseT networking, you can't run it that way. i think you're trying to use a NIC to hook up the network cable and the stereo box, if so then the previous statement remains true.
  4. airkore

airkore TS Rookie Topic Starter

wireless transmitter for audio connection

My JVC reciever has the following -

includes wireless transmitter for audio connection from your PC or Mac (attaches to your computer's USB port) 2.4GHz transmission for high-quality sound and extended range, USB input
  5. airkore

airkore TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thank you for your help.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.