Usb2 problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello all
I have xp pro sp2 installed, my main board is a ATX form factor K7VAT via kt-133 chipset. It had two usb1 ports and supposedly two internal usb2 connections. I purchased a cannon 3000f scanner that had usb2 capabilities so I also purchased a Pnp usb2 4 port card. Surprise surprise when I plug any usb2 device into card windows throws up a pop up saying this device will work faster if you plug it into this, click here for available ports. Windows then shows you 4 free ports that actually are all being used. I have lived with this for two years now and have searched high and low on the web for a cure to no avail. I would be grateful if anyone can pinpoint the problem.
Also I have the latest BIOS and all the latest updates and drivers for my system.

Regards semaj21

He is risen

take out the PnP card

go to your Device Mgr, expand the [+] Usb controller at the bottom
  1. Usb 1 devices - USB Host controller
  2. USB 2 devices - USB 2.0 Enhanced Controller

My laptop has (3) Usb only one is USB 2.0 -- which one?

Use your popup 'when I plug any usb2 device ...' to discover which of your slots is
USB 2.0 (if any)

Hello thanks for the reply. The two external ports which where on the original computer are both usb1. There is supposed to be two internal connections of some sort for usb2, although I can't find them. There are 4 usb2 connections on the card I purchased. No matter which port I use I get the message from the pop up. To remove the card would I not have to turn off the system and on reboot in device manager the advanced host controller would disappear. I would appreaciate any help on this.

semaj21

Hello All
I still cannot resolve this problem, I managed to down load the latest usb2 driver from VIA, but still have the same problem. I have now wrote a nice email to them explaining the problem and hopefully will get a result.
I know I am not the only one out there with this problem, if you do a google search you find thousands out there experiencing the same thing.

Any help gratefully appreciated and if I do get an succesful answer I will post it for others to see.

Regards semaj21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back