User friendly backup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pazuzu

I would like to get an easy to use backup system - I wondered if an external hard drive would be the simplest solution? My PC has 76.86 Gigabytes Usable hard drive capacity.

Just to add to my embarassingly vulnerable situation I have mislaid the the Windows XP Home edition system disk. If I cannot find it will I have to pay for a new system pack ?

External HDs are perfect for backups.

I think Freecom do an 80 Gb for about for about 45 of your funny English pounds :)

As for your missing disc,I believe Microsoft will replace a retail copy,if you tell them the product code.

If it`s an OEM version,you`ll have to contact the PC makers.

It would be much better to just find it though.It`s in the house somewhere.A drawer in the kitchen,maybe.

Casper XP Startup disk

Thanks for the suggestion. Would it be sensibleto get the casper XP Startup disk if I am using to backup the internal hard drive?

"optional component enables you to boot and run Casper XP directly from a CD-ROM disc with full access to external USB and Firewire hard disks. The Casper XP Startup Disk is required only if you need to clone an external hard drive to the primary system drive because you are unable to boot and run Windows from the external hard drive."

I saw Roxio Easy Media Creator 9 Product info. Says that it can back up to 50Gb onto a DVD - would this do the job ? It is more expensive but offers ability to create music & video DVD s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back