Using My "old" Norton Disks

Status
Not open for further replies.
First of all I wish to say hello to everyone from and thank you for any help.

I am using windows 2000, pro service pak 4 on partition "D" of my hardrive. I am using 98 se on the other partition C.

My old hardrive failed and I had to trash it. I got another one, and used partition magic to partition it nearly the same as the old hardrive.

I reinstalled windows 2000 on drive D, and ghosted it to protect against any any future errors, and as you can well imagine, I don t want to have to change the partition size if I ever have to ghost this new installition of 2000 .

I have a pile of ghost disks from my old hardrive that contain valuable information of previous programs.

I tried to use one of these disks, and it booted right until the last , when.just before the screen and all my icons should have appeared, it went a little crazy,
like it was caught in a loop, where the small square message screen just kept repeating itself.

I am wondering if I could just boot with 98se after I have rendered one of these disks,and have a disk program(Norton Doctor) or something like that make any necessary repairs to stop the loop. I am wondering if it is a partition table or whatever at fault?

Thanks a lot

Capt Vancouver

Hello, captvancouver, and welcome to Techspot :wave:

Please take a moment to read the following threads to make your experience here as enjoyable as possible :)

Message for all newcomers

SNGX1275's Guide to making a good post/thread

The Techspot FAQ

If you could take a minute to fill in some of your profile information that would be helpful to all members of the forum :)
Knowing someone's location in the world can be extremely helpful, even if you just put a country.

Also remember to post any problems or questions that you have in the appropriate forums

It's good to meet you and I hope you enjoy it here :)

Please don't post multiple threads for the same problem.

[CENTER]Please post any new replies to this problem HERE[/CENTER]

if these are on floppies, good luck. floppies will lose magnetivity over time.
If not, you might be able to recover them with 98 installed.

In the future, it would be far better to clone the drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back