UT2K3 beta screenshots - Warning, big pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

LNCPapa

TS Special Forces
Look at these new screenshots of UT2K3 beta I ...... ahem ....... found on the internet. I can't remember where I found them though, but if I remember I'll let you guys know

ASMD.jpg

Green lightning.jpg

More green lightning.jpg

Outdoors.jpg

Pretty snow.jpg
:darth:

LNCPapa

it looks more "playable" than the ones in the offical site.

i upgraded from P166 to dual celeron 366@550 for UT 3yrs ago
now, i think it's time to upgrade again, for UT2k3

Did you know, LNCPapa, that if you increase compression in the pictures, they take less space? Resolution doesn't affect loading time. ;)

I think you guys should just be happy I didn't post the tif files
j/k

LNCPapa

I've seen the game in motion and the frame rates in most of the actions was horrid even with a Geforce4. I think game developers forgot or ignored to consider that the majority of gamers don't have a suped-up PC or are willing to upgrade to the latest hardwares everytime they come out.

When Doom3 was introduced with the Geforce3, they were saying how awesome the game looked with the card and how powerful the card was. Time came and went with yet another incarnation of the Geforce and still no game. Doom3 surely looks good and its creators are praising how super-detailed the game is, but I bet it won't be released until the Geforce5 comes out.

I guess what I'm trying to say is I want a Geforce4 for FRee.

I disagree with you Erwin - even though I'm not an Unreal fan I too have seen this thing in motion running at 1600 with no dips at all in framerate. That was on all the available maps.

LNCPapa

Ut2k2 demo

I actually found the leaked demo, Its on Imesh. Unfortunately there was no sound with it. But it was way too much like quake for my likings. And very choppy movement. I hope they do a lot of improvements before the real release.

I just hope they don't have that "jump and fire" thing that quake 3 had...

When i played quake 3 over the net, i thought it was crap because all my opponents - whenever i saw them in the game just started jumping and firing!!!! It looked like Zebedee from Magic Roundabout on Steriods with a machine gun...

You can imagine the U.S. Forces in the afghanistan mountains, just jumping around the mountains going "Whhheeee" and firing... I mean - Come on...... :dead:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back