uTorrent blocks browser, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jungchen

I have a serious problem with utorrent...
It is a great program, the speed is amazing...
But !! After a while, my browser (Firefox, Opera) stops working, and any other program, except uTorrent, can't access the Internet anymore... The only way to get my browser working again is to reboot the computer !
I've tried to limit utorrent connection and speed allocation, but it doesn't change anything... Sooner or later, I can't surf anymore...
Has anyone experienced the same problem?
Have you got a solution?
Thanks for any help...

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

The best advice I can give you is to uninstall Utorrent and try a different torrent client such as BitComet.

If Utorrent is causing those sorts of problems for you, it`s not worth having.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Thanks!
But I tried Bittorrent and Bitcomet but I can't get the same speed with those clients as I get with utorrent.
Anyone else? A solution?

It could be that your ISP is limiting the number of connections from your PC, and uTorrent is hitting that limit.

Try reducing the "global maximum number of connections" in its options.

i have azureus. i have recently dnld utorrent. to me azureus is better although it uses more cpu resources. but i am still tryin to figure utorrent out. the utorrent options should be in the settings in the toolbar.

azureus is only better because it is easier to use. such as setting the max upload or download N etc. as for speed wise i cant say either way yet whihc is better.

Yes, uTorrent is indeed very light on ressources... That's what makes it so attractive...
However my ISP grants me 300kbs download speed and 128kbs upload...
How many global connections should I use?

codez13579 said:
azureus is only better because it is easier to use. such as setting the max upload or download N etc. as for speed wise i cant say either way yet whihc is better.

utorrent is definetely very fast...
But as I have said, after some time it starts messing up my browser...
So I'm still waiting for any suggestions! There must be a solution to this problem... without changing the client...

CrossFire851 said:
Use Bitlord

I think that there must be a reason for so many people to use utorrent!
Anyways, my browser problem it not just due to utorrent... Other clients such as Bittorrent or Bitcomet did the same thing! browser blocked!

So please come with a solution, not an attempt to make me change my client!

Thanks

Well!
I patched the outbound TCP connections to 50.
utorrent and browser seem to work...
But I also notice that utorrent is somehow slower than before!
Anything to with patching?
Should I change net.max_halopen setting? It is 8 right now...
Max number of connections is 500
Max number per torrent is 100
Max number of simultaneous torrents is set to 10

Has anything have top change here to speed up things a bit?

I'm pretty sure your improved results from the TCP patcher are psychosomatic. The only way the patcher could help is if Windows was tripping on the "10 or more maximum half-open TCP connections" protection introduced in SP2. If this was indeed a problem, you'll see it in your event viewer. Start > Run > eventvwr.msc

Let it run awhile... I bet the problem happens again. The reason is BitTorrent generates and enormous amount of random traffic and there's a lot of routers and modems that can't handle it. Also, your upload could be set too high... Maxed upload can choke your download bandwidth as well.

You should read the FAQ as Mic pointed out, especially relating to network details. Too many connections and too high of an upload can kill your bandwidth for other things and to make things more complicated, there's no universal 'good' setting to use. It's all relative to the equipment, speed and quality of your connection.

Well, the Problem seems solved...
After patching and reducing the global connections a bit (500 now) and reducing the upload speed, utorrent worked fine the whole day alongside firefox, gtalk and thunderbird... I guess it reallly was due to SP2...
Thanks guys...
Great forum...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back