TechSpot

uTorrent download limit

By vhalz
Jan 4, 2015
Post New Reply
  1. Hi,

Help, my internet speed is 2Mbps which should be estimated of 200KB/s of download but my torrent download speed is just a mere 60KB/s, the torrent I'm downloading has more seeders than leecher 145-45. Please help.

Thanks

2. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TS Guardian Fighter Posts: 8,559   +2,900

Please remember your download rates are also limited by everyone Else's upload rates. It doesn't matter how many seeders there are, if they all have slow upload rates. You can try increasing the number of connections per torrent.

Spykezxp and SNGX1275 like this.
  3. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 10,715   +397

Should be about 256 rather than 200..

What cliff said is correct. Look at increasing connections and make sure you haven't capped it at 60, also if you leave your upload unthrottled that can destroy your download. I'd cap your up and down at about 80% of what their max should be.

What do you get on a speedtest?

Spykezxp, nickc and cliffordcooley like this.
  4. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TS Guardian Fighter Posts: 8,559   +2,900

So true, that detail slipped my mind.

5. vhalz

vhalz TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 27

Look here's a screenshot as you can see the seed versus leech and my download speed.

upload_2015-1-7_21-5-31.png

6. vhalz

vhalz TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 27

Here's my speedtest at testmy.net

upload_2015-1-7_21-13-15.png upload_2015-1-7_21-13-15.png

7. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 10,715   +397

You may want to block out the names of those torrents and re-upload, at least a couple aren't legal...

I don't know man, those speeds are far worse than what you described above. Your speedtest looks good. It could be ISP throttling because of torrent traffic.

cliffordcooley and nickc like this.