Uxtheme help

for fun, are you using uxtheme patcher currently?

• yes, v4 patched manually

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • yes, v4 multipatch

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • yes, v5 patched manually

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • yes, v5 multipatch

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • no

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • no, I use another theme program..

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fiziks

ok, on my girlfriend's winxphome system, I tried applying the uxtheme patcher and everything looked like it went alright, but when I tried applying a visual style it wouldn't appear on the list, nor would it apply itself(just windows xp theme, and classic theme remained), and yes, I did everything correctly.. I believe something is repairing that file after I replace it.

I'll list the applications that could have affected this...

there's the HP help and support software which I DID disable, windows updates and windows firewall are both still enabled..

any ideas?

also, it's a 32 bit system and I used the 32 bit patch v4, and also I tried the 32/64 bit patch v5 afterwards with the same effect.

furthermore...

...after patching, the system's theme service stopped running and asked for restart, I tried both the restart and just disabling/enabling the theme service with both versions

Ok, sorry for bumping, but I am in biig trouble.

Now, I installed SP2 and then, of course, the patch was erased, then when i started the patcher it asked me to remove the patch, so I did that, enabled it again and now my uxtheme is crapped up. It won't even let me apply the Windows XP style. I tried downloading the uxtheme.dll for SP2, but when I apply it, it gets changed back without even asking me. What should I do?

Stop the themes service, copy the patched DLL (the one for SP2) to the ServicePackFiles folder & DLLcache folder (you must configure Windows to let you see system protected files & folders). Then rename the uxtheme.dll you find in system32 & copy the patched one to the same folder. Windows will ask you if you wish to use an unsigned DLL, click yes.

After restarting the themes service, it should be fine now. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back