TechSpot

Valve invites gamers to test unreleased games and prototype hardware

By Shawn Knight
Oct 10, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Valve's rumored Steam Box gaming console is seemingly one step closer to reality as evident by a new posting on the Steam forums. The game developer is looking for playtesters to come and try out some released and unreleased versions...

Read more

2. VitalyT

VitalyT TS Evangelist Posts: 1,828   +546

Cheers!

I put in the following credentials:

Name: Gordon Freeman
    Email: Gordon.Freeman@valve.com

Let's see they make of it :)

3. Just to save people time, the survey doesn't work if you type in a UK postcode, so don't bother unless you're somewhere in the USA.

4. Arris

Arris TS Evangelist Posts: 4,552   +97

Nice survey.

How many games owned on PC..... over the years I wouldn't have a clue what the total count would be :p. Does my Atari 800 and Pacman cartridge count?
    Wish they just put bracketed value instead of exact. Doubt many know exactly how many games they own unless it's a small number.

5. TekGun

TekGun TS Enthusiast Posts: 158   +13

I'm sure an educated guess would do, it's not a life or death answer.

6. Vrmithrax

Vrmithrax TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,286   +232

Hmmm, I should just put my Steam account ID in the survey info and tell them to check my library... Having over 80 titles listed there should count in the "pro" column for beta testing... Or it might convince them that I have a problem and should not be encouraged... Doh!

7. Adhmuz

Adhmuz TechSpot Paladin Posts: 910   +101

No good for Canadian citizens either.

8. PC nerd

PC nerd TS Booster Posts: 325   +38

'Tis going to be very interesting. I hope the Steambox really kicks off. Valve and Gabe are so lovely. They deserve this.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.