Valve launches "Steam Exploration Sale" just in time for Black Friday

Shawn Knight

Staff member

valve steam exploration sale black steam gaming black friday steam sale

Valve has launched a massive sale, officially being called the Steam Exploration Sale, on some of the most popular games of the year – and thousands others – just in time for Black Friday. For the next six days, gamers can take advantage of sales throughout the Steam store in addition to a new batch of daily deals each day.

Today’s daily deals include Sid Meier’s Civilization: Beyond Earth at a 30 percent discount, 40 percent off Lords of the Fallen and a 50 percent discount on Watchdogs, Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, Goat Simulator and The Long Dark.

steam black watch dogs civilization valve gaming black friday games steam sale thanksgiving sale black friday 2014 black friday sale steam exploration sale steam exploration update

It only gets better from there as The Evil Within can be had for 66 percent off while Company of Heroes 2 and Don’t Starve (solid advice) are being offered at a 75 percent discount, bringing their totals down to just $9.99 and $3.74, respectively.

The Steam Exploration Sale conveniently ties in with the Steam Discovery update released a few months ago. In your Steam account, you’ll find a section called “Your Exploration Sale” that’ll recommend games on sale based on titles you play and what’s in your library.

It’s common practice for Valve to launch a Thanksgiving sales event. Despite the fact that it’s typically a smaller affair wedged between its summer and Christmas sales, there are still plenty of solid deals to be had as seen above.

Are you looking to pick up any particular games? Let us know in the comments section below.

Permalink to story.

As for the main deals, im going to wait. today's deals don't tickle my fancy.

I did buy C&C 3 + DLC and orbital gear for ~11 dora

As for the main deals, im going to wait. today's deals don't tickle my fancy.

I did buy C&C 3 + DLC and orbital gear for ~11 dora
Just curious: "C&C 3 + DLC" means "Command & Conquer 3 + Kane's Wrath"? I couldn't figure out the abbreviation and that's the only thing that comes to my mind.

Don't Starve is a pretty fun game. Haven't played it in awhile but enjoyed it when I did.

Last three games I bought from Steam would not run. Checked the stats and my equipment should run them. Posted questions on Steam that were never answered. Not sure what happened to them, they USED to be very reliable and customer friendly .... now just looks like another money grab!

Enjoy, that's my favorite RTS game. And it happens that I've been playing it offline these days after more than a year without touching it, I just had the sudden desire to play it again.
thanks! c&c, was and still is my favorite rts. I just wish they would of been bought out by someone other than EA. I did enjoy generals. I'm the same way with ra2, I have to play it every once in a while

Meh, with dragon age inquisition taking up all my time, I feel no need to play anything until witcher 3 comes out. DA:I is absolutely stellar & dont think anything can touch it till Witcher 3 comes out

Last three games I bought from Steam would not run. Checked the stats and my equipment should run them. Posted questions on Steam that were never answered. Not sure what happened to them, they USED to be very reliable and customer friendly .... now just looks like another money grab!

Replace your water-cooled potato and get a toaster, or a hamster powered device.

When you read the minimal requirements, those are the 640x480 resolution requirements.

Replace your water-cooled potato and get a toaster, or a hamster powered device.

When you read the minimal requirements, those are the 640x480 resolution requirements.

My system is way above the minimum requirements, but thanks for the cute reply ... I hear that from my grandkids!

The specific games would be the question.. One thing I look at is to first be sure the game doesn't require another front end like Uplay or Origin, even though it's in Steam. I don't get those and all too often those are issues; still I have 447 games in my library and every single one of them works properly.

Sorry Steam. I'm too busy playing Dragon Age Inquisition. Maybe I'll be finished it for any Christmas Sale you might have. Maybe.

Starcraft II: Wings of Liberty and Heart of the Swarm for $10 each. On Origin got Rayman Origins, Assassin's Creed Brotherhood Deluxe, Assassin's Creed III Deluxe, Bulletstorm, Far Cry 3 Deluxe and Splinter Cell Conviction Deluxe all for $19. Guess Steam will have to try much harder with its Winter Sale for me.

Back