TechSpot

Valve launches "Steam Exploration Sale" just in time for Black Friday

By Shawn Knight
Nov 26, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Valve has launched a massive sale, officially being called the Steam Exploration Sale, on some of the most popular games of the year - and thousands others - just in time for Black Friday. For the next six days, gamers...

Read more

2. motrin

motrin TS Enthusiast Posts: 159   +12

As for the main deals, im going to wait. today's deals don't tickle my fancy.

I did buy C&C 3 + DLC and orbital gear for ~11 dora

3. Picking up Global Offensive right now. Thanks Techspot

4. EEatGDL

EEatGDL TS Maniac Posts: 481   +159

Just curious: "C&C 3 + DLC" means "Command & Conquer 3 + Kane's Wrath"? I couldn't figure out the abbreviation and that's the only thing that comes to my mind.

5. Chris Barry

Chris Barry TS Rookie Posts: 20

'=
    Meh.. Id save your money...

6. Tekkaraiden

Tekkaraiden TS Evangelist Posts: 991   +90

Beyond Earth for $35 is tempting.

7. Rasta211

Rasta211 TS Booster Posts: 209   +30

Yeah. im going to get beyond earth

8. TadMSTR

TadMSTR TS Enthusiast Posts: 37   +9

Don't Starve is a pretty fun game. Haven't played it in awhile but enjoyed it when I did.

9. Uncle Al

Uncle Al TS Evangelist Posts: 1,662   +768

Last three games I bought from Steam would not run. Checked the stats and my equipment should run them. Posted questions on Steam that were never answered. Not sure what happened to them, they USED to be very reliable and customer friendly .... now just looks like another money grab!

10. motrin

yea, spot on!

11. EEatGDL

EEatGDL TS Maniac Posts: 481   +159

Enjoy, that's my favorite RTS game. And it happens that I've been playing it offline these days after more than a year without touching it, I just had the sudden desire to play it again.

12. motrin

thanks! c&c, was and still is my favorite rts. I just wish they would of been bought out by someone other than EA. I did enjoy generals. I'm the same way with ra2, I have to play it every once in a while

13. poohbear

poohbear TS Addict Posts: 104   +62

Meh, with dragon age inquisition taking up all my time, I feel no need to play anything until witcher 3 comes out. DA:I is absolutely stellar & dont think anything can touch it till Witcher 3 comes out

gingerbill likes this.
  14. Kibaruk

Kibaruk TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,506   +498

Replace your water-cooled potato and get a toaster, or a hamster powered device.

When you read the minimal requirements, those are the 640x480 resolution requirements.

15. Uncle Al

Uncle Al TS Evangelist Posts: 1,662   +768

My system is way above the minimum requirements, but thanks for the cute reply ... I hear that from my grandkids!

16. SirGCal

SirGCal TS Maniac Posts: 365   +136

The specific games would be the question.. One thing I look at is to first be sure the game doesn't require another front end like Uplay or Origin, even though it's in Steam. I don't get those and all too often those are issues; still I have 447 games in my library and every single one of them works properly.

17. Capaill

Capaill TS Addict Posts: 289   +92

Sorry Steam. I'm too busy playing Dragon Age Inquisition. Maybe I'll be finished it for any Christmas Sale you might have. Maybe.

gingerbill likes this.
  18. Alpha Gamer

Alpha Gamer TS Guru Posts: 330   +93

Same opinion here

19. Blue Falcon

Blue Falcon TS Addict Posts: 161   +51

Starcraft II: Wings of Liberty and Heart of the Swarm for $10 each. On Origin got Rayman Origins, Assassin's Creed Brotherhood Deluxe, Assassin's Creed III Deluxe, Bulletstorm, Far Cry 3 Deluxe and Splinter Cell Conviction Deluxe all for $19. Guess Steam will have to try much harder with its Winter Sale for me.