TechSpot

Verizon: first 4G LTE-only phones to arrive in late 2014

By Shawn Knight
Jun 28, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. By the end of next year, Verizon Wireless will offer smartphones that only work on their 4G LTE network. It’s an attractive proposal as such a handset could potentially be lighter, thinner and cheaper than existing models due to the...

Read more
  2. MilwaukeeMike

MilwaukeeMike TS Evangelist Posts: 2,068   +704

Voice Over LTE? You mean, they might, now in 2013, FINALLY improve cell phone call quality? Phones have gone from wired to wireless to cellular to smartphones in my life time, but we still have to use words to stand for letters when talking to someone on the phone. A as in Apple, B as in Bravo etc.

Funny too... they're not improving quality for the sake of improving quality, they're doing it to make the phone a little thinner.
  3. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 3,034   +738

You forgot to add "as well as your wallet" so I took the liberty of doing it for you.
  4. JC713

JC713 TS Evangelist Posts: 6,946   +900

Finally. I hate when I get into a 3G or 2G area. RIP 2G and 3G.
  5. I guess none of you have Verizon.... The only people who have negative things to say about Verizon fall into one of the following categories:
    1. Broke
    2. Bad Credit
    3. Sprint Customer
    4. Unable to understand basic contractual agreements; For example, they received a bill higher than the advertised rate after they used 80GB of internet and downloaded 100 apps when all they had was a basic internet plan.

Other than that, the majority of other cell phone customers would prefer to switch.. I can't wait for VoLTE.... But then again I am a Verizon customer...
  6. I used say bad things about Verizon until I got them now I laugh at how terrible T-Mobile is;)

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.