VERy strange audio problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
i've been having a problem with my audio that seems extremely odd to me and maybe someone can help me out here. the problem is that the audio on my computer does not work for music files. sound works fine when i am in instant messenger or the sound my computer makes at start up or for anything else, but when i go to play a music file on real player or windows media player 10 (my default player) it says that my sound card/driver is not installed. i have tried everything including reinstalling my driver for my sound card (creative labs sound blaster audioPCI 128D) several times. i have updated it fully. when i check the sound card it says that everything is running properly. i have searched everything on the windows website to fix the problem and nothing works. i have searched all over the internet and spent WAY too many hours trying to figure this out. i have completely run out of options and for the past two months have just abandoned playing music on my computer. downloaded files do not play and neither do cds even when i play them directly off the disc. is it some sort of a registry problem? i have windows 98se. if you want all the specs on my computer then ask. PLEASE help me here i've run out of things to do! THANKS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back