VGA Card Problem

By shaqmark
Jun 8, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have a problem with my VGA. It only works in 640x480 resolution (I have to boot in Enable VGA Mode). Can anyone help?

Thx in advance.
  2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,451   +135

What are your computers specs?
  3. shaqmark

shaqmark Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

It's in the attached ZIP file in this post.
  4. Tmagic650

There is better way to tell us what you have. If I read your zip file correctly, it just has the motherbooard manual. Is this an old AMD Socket A system? Does your video card have a name on it? Are you located in the USA?
  5. shaqmark

My VGA is a nVidia GeForce 4 MX 440. And I'm not located in the USA.
  6. Tmagic650

Have you installed the latest MX440 drivers from the Nvidia support website? Make sure you have disabled the on-board video if you have it. Was I right about the details of your system?
  7. shaqmark

No, its not an AMD Socket A. And i don't think it's a driver issue because i have a dual-boot system and the problem is there on both OSes.
  8. Tmagic650

Since you know what your computer isn't... can you tell me in English... what it is?
  9. shaqmark

It's an Intel Pentium 4.
  10. Tmagic650

After 9 posts:
    we know that your system is a P4 dual boot, MX440 video only running 1 resolution in both Operating Systems

What we still don't know Is the dual boot XP and Vista? Did you just start getting this video problem? Is the MX440 new? No video untill you boot into the Safe Mode? I know questions, questions :)
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.