VGA Dummy Load?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soundguy585

I am looking for a way to fool a video projector in thinking that there is pc connected to it.
A little explanation: When giving a video presentation, I would like a blank screen up front while I am getting the presentation ready and when it's over. I have an Idea to use a vga y connector to a vga switch box from my desktop. When I'm setting it up, I would have the switchbox selected to a vga dummy load. Then when I was ready, I would selected the input from the video out of my pc. Is there something out there to do this, or is there another way to achieve this? I Googled, and found nothing that would help me do this. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
:approve:

Couldn't you just display a blank slide or turn the projector off? You seem to be way over engineering this.

You can set up multiple displays if your using a monitor along with the projector take the mouse over to the projector side and right click select properties then screensaver then click preview that force starts your screen saver you would have to disable the mouse turning off the screen saver though.

why dont you just turn off the input while you do your thing and like 'boogityboo04' said u are 'way over engineering this'

Thank you both for your input. Perhaps i am over-engeneering this, but thats the way I think. I am trying to hide the mouse action and the opening of multiple windows from the view of everyone. Then when I have everything setup I can switch to the prepared presentation. I did find a way to achieve what I want. If I hook up a second video card to one of the inputs of the switch box, I can get a blank screen on the projector or I can get a vga port and use 3 -75 ohm resistors configured in such a way as to fool the projector. I enjoy figuring out things like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back