Via raid tool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I'm new to this site so I'm feeling my way around it.
i have new computer which has via raid tool already installed and my Norton programme doesn't like it. When I open the programme up it informs me that another logon is using it. What does that mean and can I safely remove it.
Regards Barb
ps If I'm in the wrong place with this posting would someone help push me in the right direction

if you're reffering to Norton I.Sec or AV then the easyest solution would be to uninstall that and download AVG Free and a firewall either Zonealarm or Sunbelt Keiro instead.

If you still want to keep norton (since you've bought it..) or If its one of the other programs (please state which one it is..) then sad to say i dont have a clue on much else, since i'm not experienced in RAID stuff.. but others can answer you..

Also system specs/setup and any other tiny info can help you further. i'm not sure but maybe you'd get more replys if you put this in the storage and networking (since it relates to hdd?) but i'm sure a mod may move it about..

Oh by the way Welcome to Techspot :)

thanks N3051M

Thanks for the info, I'm going to contact the person who sold me the computer. I've since learned that the Via Raid is unusable on mine because it is already logged on elsewhere, which is basically what it tells me when I try to open it.
Cheers Barb

Hang on, is Via Raid a software or some sort of hardware? i was assuming RAID being like RAID array for hdds..

Thanks N3051M

Hi, I'm still waiting for the Computer man to contact me. I have something called VIA Platform Device Manager among my installed programmes. My desktop has Via Raid Tool icon (unusable). I'm not sure whether they are the same, still waiting to know whether I can safely uninstall. Never noticed these on my previous computer. Don't know what they are, perhaps I shall go to classes to improve my knowledge.
Regards Barbara

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back