Video all messed up (NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just built a new machine with the help of a friend, and I'm having a big problem with my video. Whenever I play mpegs the picture is completely messed up (it has a weird bright tint and all the colors are messed up). Mov files seem to be okay though. When I playI've uninstalled and reinstalled my video card drivers (NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200) at least 5 times and it hasn't fixed anything. I'm out of ideas on how to fix this. Any thoughts?

Windows Media Video files also do not play. I cannot verify that any types of video other than movs work properly. They all have this off-color fuzzy tint to them.

Try downloading the latest version of windows media player (from the Microsoft website). You are probably just missing some codecs.

It really depends on what type of video it is you are trying to play, there are so many codecs. If the latest version of media player doesn't have the codec you need, google divx and install it. It is a fairly common one that is used quite often.

Hi Don,

I've already downloaded the most up to date Windows Media Player and installed divX as well as additional codec bundles. Still not working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back