Video Card Comparison

Status
Not open for further replies.

TaNaKa52

Most recently I bought a Radeon X1300. It unfortunately has a "nifty" feature called HyperMemory that leeches onboard memory. I currently have 512 Ram(will be upgrading to 1 gig ram soon) and it leeches about 320mb from it.

My question is, would it be better to keep this radeon x1300 or should i go buy a different card due to me only going to have 1gig for awhile. If so, I was planning on buying the Nvidia 6200 256mb that i saw in the PCI Gaming Post.

Or on the other hand, is there any way to jsut completely disable HyperMemory?

either card, since you are pci, will do about the same. The x1300 is going to be the better choice and is probably the best choice for PCI as it boasts GDDR2 memory vs the 6200's GDDR. and if you are wanting to play todays games on those card choices, id get the card that can squeeze out more performance. as far as disabling the memory leech thing, someone else may be able to chime in. Because pci is a way older interface, I would stick with the card you have, as you wont get any significant gains over the 6200 in todays games.

The X1300 is an excellent card. You just need to upgrade your onboard memory to at lest 1 GB... preferable 2 GB if your computer has that capacity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back