Video card not recognized after changing Power supplies

Status
Not open for further replies.
I changed power supplies in my computer so it turns on now but the monitor would not come on. I was using a flat screen with DVI connection to a ATI video card. My computer guy thinks it is a ATI 2400 xp. I have the computer plugged into the monitor via vga port on the mother board (Asus PLD2-VM) and the monitor works but I want to use DVI from the ATI video card obviously. How do I get the computer to recognize the ATI card again. I tried to enable PCI and PCIE in the bios under boot but that didnt work. I have disabled those again and need direction what to do in bios and control panel. The fan is running on the video card so I think it is functioning. How do I determin if the card IS working and or why the computer wont recognize it.

corey

What was the reason you changed the power supply? I presume the card worked before with the old power supply at one time. Perhaps the graphics card was damaged somehow when the old power supply failed.

I changed pwr supplies cause the other one died. Perhaps it is dead ......Is there anything I can do to test this one before I buy another one. I would like to know for sure..

cy

Is there any way you can try your card in another PC or borrow another card and try it in your PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back