TechSpot

Video card problem with Microsoft Flight Sim X

By gieser
Oct 4, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. I have microsoft flight sim X and at random times during the game, the picture will flash on and off in 2 second intervals. I have the newest driver for my video card. Has anyone else had this problem or does anyone know why this is happening?
  2. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 8,428   +217

Try installing the game patch (called service pack 1).
  3. gieser

gieser TS Rookie Topic Starter

I tried installing service pack one and two but no change. I recently did a re-boot of my computer and before i did it, when ever I would start the game, there would be a little message in the bottom right that would say something like, "windows has changed graphics to classic view". I can't remember what it actually said. Does your's say that and what does it exactly say? Mine doesn't say that anymore. I wonder if that is the problem.

The graphics flash as soon as I try to start a flight. I get it all setup but then once it is loaded and I see the aircraft, it starts to flash.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.