TechSpot

Video card temp monitoring

By TCool
Aug 16, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Well, I just recently brought down my cpu/case temps big time by rearranging my cords and cleaning out my case. Right now my temps are idleing about 20f lower overclocked to 3.6 than it was non overclocked at 3.0. So, now that I'm in my overclocking mood I want to look into overclocking my video card, however I can't seem to figure out how to monitor the temperature. I've done some research and it appears that my video card (Sapphire ATI Radeon X1300) does support temp monitoring. I have the everest program, which i read is supposed to be able to tell you gpu temps, but when I click on the GPU option under "display" I just get a blank screen. I also tried a program called ati tools that was supposed to work with my video card, but it told me my card wasn't compatible. I have also read that some manufacturers disable the temp monitoring and that you have to re-enable it, but I have not been able to find any information about how to do that.

So, can anyone help me figure this out? It would be much appreciated.

Thanks much,

Tim
  2. agi_shi

agi_shi TS Rookie Posts: 507

Everest

In Everest see if it says the temperature in "Computer -> Sensor". That's where it tells me it.
  3. TCool

TCool TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 110

No GPU temp listed there.
  4. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 25,948   +19

Download the ATI tool from HERE. If your gpu has a temp sensor ATI tool should read it.

Regards Howard :)
  5. TCool

TCool TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 110

Thanks for the help, this time ATI tools seemed to work for me(must've downloaded a bad/old version b4), but still didn't get a temp reading. I guess my card doesn't support temp monitoring.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.