TechSpot

Video glitch

By wolfius
Aug 16, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sup guys, I have an NX7900 GT (Nvidia 7900 GT), 2 of them actualy and I've been facing a problem with a couple of programs like World of Warcraft, Playing Vedio on any program...the problem is that whenever I move in World of Warcraft the screen around me shows like it is rendering frame by frame but not slowly...this is gonna be tough to explain... ok imagain youre in a first person shooter or a 3rd view game and you look around you, what happends is for example if Im looking at a tree, and I go from right to left or the opposite, I see that tree rendering frame by frame but very fast it looks like its breaking...anyone got what I mean or knows how to fix that? and oh 1 more thing I installed the driver that came in the CD itself and I have a purple line on the left side of the screen...HELP!!!
  2. Rik

Rik Banned Posts: 4,985

Are you using a flatpanel or a crt monitor?
  3. wolfius

wolfius TS Rookie Topic Starter

Monitor

My Monitor is DELL W2600 LCDTV (DIGITAL)
  4. Rik

Rik Banned Posts: 4,985

That's a type of flatpanel. Flatpanels are limited on the refresh rates and on resolutions. You need to make sure you have a good driver for it as your graphics cards will produce outputs that it just cant handle properly. Personally, i prefer to stick to my crt monitor as it works really well for gaming even though its a cheap medion monitor that i got for £10.
  5. wolfius

wolfius TS Rookie Topic Starter

So the solution is finding a better driver? if yes then I also need help with that hehe.. Im not so good with Hardware...I have 2 of those cards that I mentioned and its supposed to be some SLI thingy... where can I get teh best drivers for it? because my friend gave me a driver a while ago that fixed this purple line on the left but I lost it and I formatted my pc, when I went to Nvidia I didnt know from which part I should download my driver, there was a geforce and a quadro and some other stuff can you help me with that? thanks alot..and screw flatscreens lol I thought they are the best and I got this one for like 2000US$...
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.