Video lag on a game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terryg

i have a toshiba a505-s6980 laptop with windows 7. the machine states i have 128 MB video memory. i have recently had some problems with an online game (DDO) and someone told me to go into the bios and increase the video memory to 256 or 512. my questions are can this be done, should i do it and how do you do it.......

the only way to find out is to go into BIOS (which stands for basic input output system) and check to see if the aperture can be increased. you'll need to figure out which button to hit as the computer turns on to get into the settings. it's probably the DEL key or one of the F# keys. from there, you will need to find the video settings and look for onboard video memory/ram or similar. you might not be able to change it from where it is but after that you exit and save/discard changes and the computer restarts.

i don't think it's possible to change how much memory your video card can use (less maybe, but not more). Please tell us the name of the video card.
You should know that laptops are generally bad with games so don't expect to play any demanding games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back