Video output with a dual monitor setup

By jlrube
Mar 25, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I apologize if this question has been answered before, but I couldn't find it.

I'm running dual monitors on a laptop, the set up works fine with one minor exception. When I try to view videos in quicktime or windows media player it outputs in full screen to the monitor that the player is not on. This also happens with videos in browsers. http://members.aol.com/jrzycrim01/mozilla/wmp/vidtest-HS.html is an example of this happening. I can only assume it has to do with my video codec, I am using the windows defaults and cyberlink powerDVD as my mpeg2 decoder.
  2. chamillitarysk8

chamillitarysk8 Newcomer, in training Posts: 168

its might be something with your resolution does the other screen have a higher resolution?
  3. jlrube

jlrube Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

No, the monitors are both running at 1440 x 900. although one is 17 inches and the other is 19
  4. chamillitarysk8

chamillitarysk8 Newcomer, in training Posts: 168

which one does the player come up on
  5. jlrube

jlrube Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

A friend of mine actually fixed the problem...He did something with the nvidia control panel...I have no clue what though, but thank you anyways
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.